#SeasonUrEx is the third edition of Electrolux Singapore’s food waste community program #Happyplate, which aimed to influence consumer’s perception of expiring food, familiarize them with food labels and thus help reduce the food waste at home. The campaign encouraged people to post a photo of an expired, or soon to be expired, food or leftover item in their home, and share what they can do with it on social media, with the hashtags #SeasonYourEx and #HappyPlateSG. For every five hashtags and/or social media shares, Electrolux wound fund the costs of running the Food Bank Singapore’s van for a day. The van collects donated food items from collection points across Singapore and distributes them to beneficiaries.
The project aims to educate consumers that, in certain circumstances, some food items can still be safe for consumption after the expiration. The ultimate goal was to reduce food waste, as $200 million worth of food are thrown out in Singaporean household every year.
Reach is social media:
- Total media view: 308,858 video views
- Total engagement: 4000
- 20,000 SGD to the Food Bank Singapore
- 2 Microwaves donated to The Willing Hearts Singapore; 1 Vacuum Cleaner to The Turning Points
- Employees volunteered: 24 (52 hours of volunteering)
- Develop regional CSR roadmap for APAC & its 3-year ambition
- Devise & execute plan for HappyPlate Singapore in 2018