A high-capacity container kitchen will be developed and equipped with professional kitchen appliances. It will be activated immediately in emergency situations such as natural disasters or refugee crises.
The added value of the kitchen is the ability to maximize the number of people served nutritious food during crises.
• WCWB and Electrolux collaborated to finalize the design of the container and specifications of utensils needed
• Emergency recipes have been developed by WCWB
• Standard Operating procedure is being developed by WCWB
Identify the location for the pilot.
Focus on solving logistical challenges:
• Identifying a logistic partner for dispatching the kitchen (and possibly food, energy and water)
• Food provision (additional partner or funding through Electrolux?)
• Energy provision (generated part of the container, but need for fuel)
• Water provision