We feed The planet
Our dedicated Feed the Planet volunteers are working hard to create better lives, better food and better futures. Read the Feed the Planet blog to hear their fresh insights and stories from the field, across the world.
Feed the Planet made the World a better place for another day!
Feed the Planet made the World a better place on the 7th of September!
Worldchefs, together with Electrolux Food Foundation and AIESEC, organized a Zero Waste Market in St Mariatorget, Stockholm Sweden.
What happened there?
- We served vegan soups made from 100% rescued ingredients with the help of the Waste Kitchen!
- Secondhand clothes had a booth with clothes swooping where visitors could change one of their own garments to a “new” one in the booth!
- Free books were also available!
Two lectures were delivered that day:
- "How can we create a sustainable wardrobe and a sustainable relation to fashion?"
by Maria Lagerman, Operations Manager Remake Stockholms Stadsmission
- "How can we reduce our food waste together?"
by Filip Lundin, Founder of Sopkoket (The Waste Kitchen)
What a lovely concept to help and make the world a better place where we also offered free coffee and sweets from the Food Bank! We had approximately 300 visitors, 300 happy people! It was a success!